my car will not stay running

bigblue27
0

Asked by bigblue27 Mar 10, 2013 at 06:51 PM about the 2006 Toyota Corolla CE

my car willl not stay running , it  will turn over and stay running for only 2 min

mrmoony
1,990

Not that well versed with this vehicle.it sounds like a safety circuit by pass that only by passes for two minutes. Bad oil pressure or oil pressure sending unit.

DavidH25

I have an '06 Corolla, and actually do know a bit about them but with the information you provide, if you can get it to anywhere to have your OBD codes read, I understand that with it not running very long that may be difficult. Another option is buy a scanner. They run anywhere from $50 to $2,000, you of course do not need that high end one, it's for professional mechanics, but there are many prices everywhere in between those figures. BUT!! mrmooney has a VERY good point. This car with e 1.8L does have a low oil pressure and low oil QUANTITY feature that will do that. Check your oil. it could be that simple

DavidH25

Also bigblue, go to: http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/login? and have you VIN ready, register there. When you plug in your VIN it will know who you are, or at least who the RO is, all service records, information rivaling a CARFAX, and a wealth of other things specific to you car. I highly recommend you do that