is it easy to replace the license plate bulb on my 2006 Camry LE myself?

trw01
0

Asked by trw01 Aug 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM about the 2006 Toyota Camry LE

Murdoc
145

Yes here are some step by step Instructions: 1. Open the trunk to the Toyota Camry. Remove the interior trunk liner from the back of the vehicle. Use a Phillips screwdriver to twist the small center screw from the middle of the plastic fastener. The screw will come up about 1/4 of an inch and then you can pry the entire fastener/plug from the predrilled hole. Remove enough fasteners to allow you to get to the license plate light assembly. 2. Turn the license plate light socket counterclockwise about a quarter turn to release it. They may be tight, but this is how they come out. 3. Extract the socket from the assembly and simply pull the light bulb from the socket. 4. Insert the new bulb into the socket. 5. Turn the lights on and check to make sure the bulb is working properly. 6. Insert the socket back into the assembly and turn a quarter turn clockwise until locked into place. 7. Reinsert the plug fasteners in the liner. Push them into the predrilled holes and push down onto the plastic screw. 8. Remove the screwdrivers and close the trunk. I got this from www.ehow.com There is also a video at the link below: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU1i1ZuxYeg

Best Answer
trw01
0

Awesome! This helps sooo much! Thank you, Murdoc!

Murdoc
145

No problem..took me a while to figure it out on my own Camry

zahzah
25

How to change licence plate light on a 1995 Toyota Camry?