Does the 5.7L 350 run on regular gas?

bigfoot
0

Asked by bigfoot Oct 02, 2007 at 07:24 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Krez
335

Even though the car will run. If this is a Corvette it is recommended to run premium 91 octane to prevent pinging. I do run 91 octane in my 74.

dvigano
8,195

It's possible for all vehicles to run on regular unleaded gasoline, but many vehicles are now requiring that you use Premium 91 Octane to prevent knocking and pinging (quoted from Krez). If you vehicle Owner's Manual doesn't tell (and it should) I would contact your local dealership to get this question answered asap. Using the wrong Octane gasoline could cause serious engine problems down the road.