heater wont shut off?

vettmandarrel
0

Asked by vettmandarrel Dec 12, 2006 at 02:49 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

The heater overrides the air conditioner and will not shut off.

tropikalpirate
6,175

Here is a site that explains how an air conditioner and heater works in your car: http://www.motherearthnews.com/Green-Transportation/1987_July_August/Auto_Air_Conditioning There are a few reasons why the heat is working instead of the air conditioner. Go to the link and read from number 1. on and the section titled The basic parts will help break the problem down by understanding how the heater works. You might be out of refrigerant in your car or it could be the condenser etc.

Anonymous
0

If you mean the blower keeps going you need an ac control module, an after market piece can be purchased at auto zone.