engine will not fire after storage

cjrs
0

Asked by cjrs Apr 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

7jimmy7
9,395

may be passkey security ,disconnect bat. charge up, let key in on 10 min. after bat. reconnect, off key, on key,try crank

DavidH25

How long was it stored and was gas stabilizer added before storage? Did it have a full tank? If not there will be water in the gas tank from condensation, and if stabilizer was not put in the gas is bad and won't run the car. Begin by draining all gas, put in a few gallons (you don't really need to fill 'er up) put some alcohol based water remover in with the new gas, charge battery on a slow charge for several hours.

DavidH25

The '88 'vette used Vats, there are 14 (yes, fourteen) different ways to re program it but just because it was in storage does not mean it lost the transponder code between key and Vats http://programautokeys.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=1775

DavidH25

cgrs, have you done anything to see what the trouble is? Have you determined that you have spark? Anything?

DavidH25

It does, it came across several places that ecplain how to reprogram that, but didn't 'go there" 'case I was no need. Put a new battery in the FOB to begin with..they don't last 25 years