2003 Saab convertible top closes, but the latches in the rear don't latch, leaving about a inch or so of an opening... heard it's a fluid problem or something, any help... Thanks

woodman6381
0

Asked by woodman6381 Oct 10, 2012 at 09:15 PM

John Leone
5,055

yes, the top runs on a synthetic, SAAB ONLY fluid, DO NOT USE ANY OTHER TYPE....., do check the fluid, also that there is nothing blocking it, near the sensors, gunk, rubber molding, etc.....let me know if you need further help in finding any of those things

woodman6381
0

How do you check the fluid, is in the owners manual? Thanks you for the answer...

John Leone
5,055

i hope this link will help you, based on the 04 model, but pretty accurate...http://saabworld.net/f146/saab-9-3-convertible-cabriolet-soft-top-system-26204/ have you seen this before? if this is of no use, send me a message, so I can try a different way of assisting,

dryanengland
50

Help!! Please..I have the same problem., Today I had an animal kennel for travelling in th ebackseat and when to put the top down but it stopped due to the kennel in back seat. Now that back latches just will not latch...can pull the front up and latch it but back 2 latches do not engage....what did I do? Debbie

John Leone
5,055

dryengland: can you see my 2 answers already posted?