seen a lotus 7 on the roads?

judge_roy

Asked by judge_roy Feb 09, 2013 at 10:33 AM

My buddy Llregal has posted the Ariel Atom, a car which has no doors, and no windshield but can go at blistering speeds.  Saw this one on the british "top gear" and certainly is not a practical machine.  The Lotus 7 is most impressive with cartoon handling and it's a build it yourself affair, so anything can be a part of the equipment.  Seen one on ebay, but NEVER on the roads...shame cause this was probably my favorite sports car KAR-102C-----until we got the MINI~

49,885

They were never a very good road car. The Lotus 7 was very basic and best suited for track and autocross use.

Best Answer
judge_roy

sadly...so's the mini with the CVT 2200 rpm = 65 mph?! what the hell is that, come racing along and the motor is just goin purr-purr not an aggressive howl. Probably should have sought out the turbocharged cooper-S instead--does have an m/s mode which kinda resembles a little howl up to 5000 rpm~

Lars Cats
2,625

I agree with tenspeed on this, it is a great car for track use but not very well suited for daily driving. Especially winters are an absolute pain in these cars.

judge_roy

could you imagine shovelling snow out of one of these, or even taking it around a snowy track...LOL! break out the flamethrower~

Lars Cats
2,625

It's not the snow that gets you, it's the bladder infection you'll end up with thanks to the lack of effective heating :P

judge_roy

ooo ouch, thanks for taking me there...I'm going to remember this...thanks:0)

watcher
5

I have one for sale in Virginia, listed here on car gurus. Lotus stopped making the 7s decades ago. Mine is an American version manufactured by Brunton Automotive in 05. It is improved on the original in many ways. The car has a supercharged V6 putting out 260 hp. It is a fantastic ride on a summer day. It is a little like a motor bike, it is not fun in a downpour. It is ridiculously fast because it only weighs 1200 lbs (545kg)! When driving, your butt is only 6 in (10 cm) above the rear axle, so it definitely feels like an overgrown go kart. It corners like it is on rails. Really fun car for pleasure drives, taking a friend out for a drive, or turning heads at... well everywhere. People love cool cars that at the same time look like they are out of a cartoon. http://cargur.us/nXmz