can bad spark plugs cause sputtering and ticking noise it all happened at once and im pretty sure the sputtering is bad spark plugs and if so...then what could cause the ticking noise?

m000nkey
35

Asked by m000nkey Nov 16, 2011 at 01:12 AM

Jacob Fraser
925

could be the plugs but ticking is usually caused by the valve(s) could just be a sticky lifter, which is the most common cause. but if you think it could be the plugs change them out and see what happens might just need a vale adjustment/tune up

thewell1936
15

you may have bad spark plug wire and the ticking may be the wire arcking.