92 3.1L V6 Corsica...Was running fine then one day just started running rough and now wont run at all...why?...please help!

phrogmech162
25

Asked by Apr 09, 2012 at 05:18 PM about the Chevrolet Corsica

I noticed one day that when coming to a stop it seemed like the car didnt want to come out of high gear and it stalled and died...well I let it sit for a while calling people to give me a ride then all of a sudden it I turned it over and got it running again....so then one day im driving along and all of a sudden it just started running real rough, could smell exhaust and gas pretty bad and I got it home but now it wont crank at all, please does anyone have any idea what is going on with this car?

Ryan Spencer
75

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t617550-discuss92_corsica_won_t_run_out_of_ideas.html or http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1831115-1992_chevy_corsica_runs_rough_stall_or

phrogmech162
25

thanks man, not helpful but at least i know its a more generalized problem than i would have thought

Lise Smith
45

have you thought about it being a problem with the ecu? used to have a similar prob years ago with a car,it would run fine, go rough, stop, i'd go for help then when i got back it would start, to the amusement of the guys from the garage. turned out to be and intermittent fault with the ecu and fuel.

papaskwirl
30

My mech says that computers rairly go bad. He said to try unpluging connections and replug them. Corrosion sometines builds up and that simple act will work. I love dylectic grease, put it on all connections now. Check that damn fuel pressure regulator. I had intermed problems till it failed