my cars cooliant

momscar01
0

Asked by momscar01 Apr 25, 2013 at 03:23 AM about the Chevrolet Cobalt

my car usually stays at 180 for the coolant, but lately the coolant or overheating light
does not come on but the coolant temperature is getting hotter an hotter, I just had an oil
change and the coolant level is at full, why is the coolant temperature getting hot

14,215

How hot is the temp. getting? you could try replacing the thermostat first.

TPD
55

reverse flush the radiator and then flush replace the coolant change okay not //change the thermostat

califcarson
2,055

Start with the fans on the radiator. Do they come on when the engine gets hot? does the engine act sluggish when it gets hot or make any unusual noises? Can you have a friend or garage mechanic put a temp sensor on the engine to read the temp? Check the radiator cap, make sure it is on tight or even replace it with a new one. If these do not find the problem, then have the radiator flushed if replacing the thermostat does not fix the problem. Do you have a temp. gauge on the dash or an idiot light only? When does the temp go up? In town in heavy traffic or on the highway also? There are a lot of questions as to why your engine maybe overheating.