If I am paying cash for my new vehicle should the dealer go down more on the price? Typical Average? The car is a year old.

lvnative
0

Asked by lvnative Jun 15, 2013 at 04:01 AM about the Honda CR-V

I am not going through a
salesman. no test drive. Should I
stll have to  pay a  commision

Day Steez
95

It depends on the car brand, some car dealerships do not pay commission to the sales representatives. What you should do before you buy whatever car you want is decide the vehicle with every option you want and look in your region, find the cheapest price and work from there. If it is in the region they can get the car or give you comparative pricing. I did this with a 2012 KIA Sportage SX with every option and i saved around 4500 dollars of off the price they wanted with out navigation. They mad a mistake and didnt realize that we made a deal for one with navi, they were pulling one from further away and i told them i would not make the deal if it didnt have navi, i pointed out the exact car i wanted and they drove to the other dealership and got the one I wanted. Cash is more beneficial, whenever buying a car dont talk about trade ins or financing until you have the price you want for the car. If you start talking about everything else, they start changing the price of their vehicle to counteract the value you want for yours. Good luck getting a new car, I have done around 2 vehicles a year for the last 15 years. Remember they need your business, you dont need their car.

62,495

"If I am paying cash for my new vehicle should the dealer go down more on the price?" --- It does not matter how you finance your purchase. The dealer ends up getting cash from you or from the finance company. Some dealers will lower their profit if they know that payment is immediate but don't expect a huge savings.