Can I flat tow my 2011 accord behind my motor home 4 wheels down. Auto transmission ?

Jmwoodcarver
0

Asked by Jmwoodcarver Aug 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM about the Honda Accord

judge_roy

NO. just get one of those two wheels on the ground front wheels cinched firmly on the hauler unit rental from U-Haul~ it's a whole lot less risky~

Racer_X
12,725

Flat towing the Accord will create undue stress and strain on the transmission AND create more wear & tear on your tires. I say take Judge Roy's advice, although I would have more of a comfort level with the type of tow dolly that keeps all 4 wheels off of the ground, like this: http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=AT ----However, you could go with this one for less money: http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=TD

judge_roy

could you imagine, REX---just how squiggley and uncertain it would feel if it could be done...even with the steering wheel disabled the play would have it swimmin' to and fro~

Michael Tutty
4,375

The two wheel dollies work quite well, provided you secure the steering. Do NOT rely on the antitheft lock built into the car. Also, NO automatic car is safe to flat tow without specific procedures being followed. They are in your owner's manual.

DavidH25

Straight from the owners manual for my Corolla: " DO NOT tow your Corolla with four wheels on the ground, this will cause serious damage to your vehicle. It may be towed in an emergency only for no more than 25 miles and at speeds not to exceed 25 mph" It does not even say "may" cause damage.. WILL cause damage, and I fail to see why my car would be any different than a Honda in that regard. It goes on about how it can be towed with the front end lifted off the road, There are tow kits that come with a little hand crank winch to lift and hitch up your car to motor home, stow nicely in the motor home or trunk of car that eliminates the inconvenience of a trailer for parking at your destination ...but the only problem is tongue weight on motor home.