2004 town car climate control

williamwiggins
0

Asked by williamwiggins Mar 18, 2013 at 09:06 PM about the Lincoln Town Car

The a/c part of my climate control does  not always operate when it should. Last fall turn it on and it would take about 10 mins for the a/c clutch to engage. Operated fine rest of the day. Recently it may take hours to come on or it may come on after a few minutes. When operating it is cold and the thermostat works properly. Refrigerant checked and it's fine.

DavidH25

Loose wire to compressor clutch. It can't be a ground problem as the compressor is grounded to the block. Wiggle the wire terminal on the compressor, see if it is loose. The motion of the car will cause contact or prevent same.

limmoman
445

Sounds like your compressor clutch.