can an xa tow a small pop-up tent trailer?

ladyredxa
0

Asked by ladyredxa Sep 03, 2010 at 11:13 AM about the Scion xA

Kessog
55

I recently put a Curt hitch on my 2006 xA (4 bolt install) and tow a small utility trailer with it. I haven't pulled it loaded yet though. The xB tail light adapter (Curt part number 56030 works great but the pins need to be moved to match the xA lights) snaps right into the cars tail light harness without butchering the wires.

bravesoul14
0

Hey Kessog, What do you mean by moving the pins? Are there some step by step instructions somewhere to install this Curt part in a scion xa? Thanks so much for your help!

Kessog
55

Three wires, two color wires and one white on each connector of the xB harness (curt 56030),. I just followed the wires from the particular light to the plug and matched it with the matching wire coming from the converter. Not very helpful I know, sorry. I really should pull the thing out and document it. If you know anyone with decent wiring skills its not too hard. A multimeter helps. The pins come out easy enough but there is a latch that needs to be pulled up first that holds the pins in.