Why does the Porsche 911 even have rear seats?

lkvg
0

Asked by lkvg Apr 27, 2013 at 05:14 PM about the Porsche 911

The rear seats of the Porsche 911 are unusable, so why are they there?

82,255

To keep insurance costs lower.

49,595

That's so they can take their dogs with them.

Racer_X
12,705

As stated before, primarily for a reduction in insurance costs (Ypu can say you have a 4 seater). Also, you can carry small children (VERY small) or a small amount of luggage or cargo there as well. This adds a bit more utility to the car. LOL...In my Mitsu Outlander SUV, there's 3rd row seating, but barely suitable for passengers...I believe Mitsu calls them "emergency seats" (See pic). Porsche should put in their owner's manual..for emergency transport or groceries only.

Smitty22
510

4 seaters carry lower insurance costs. The rear seats in a 911 are for people and children you dislike.

Racer_X
12,705

I think the WORST sportscar 2+2 rear seat I've ever sat in was a 1987 Mazda RX-7. Sitting upright in just NOT an option, I actually had to lay across the 2 stiff and very uncomfortable seats and I was STILL in agony. Ugh!

Andy Dickens
465

They are usable. I have had adults in the back, and often take my daughter out in the back. Also chuck bags, golf clubs and things back there. However, an Aston Martin DB9 has REALLY un-usable seats