2001 Taurus. Replaced battery, but three dashboard lights remain on aftercar is started The ABS light, the battery +/- light and the brakes light.

SFI
0

Asked by SFI Feb 24, 2013 at 09:35 AM about the Ford Taurus

Have tried looking in Haynes manual wiring diagrams. Also, what is TCIL indicator on wiring diagram mean?

DavidH25

TCIL is Transmission Control Indicator Light.. overdrive on/off...as for the others there is a brake or instrument cluster problem

22,815

Check your owners manual. On my '08 Grand Marquis there is a special procedure that must be done when the battery is replaced or disconnected. On my car the owners manual says it won't idle correctly if the procedure isn't performed. Perhaps on your car it effects other systems if not done correctly. HTH. -Jim