Why won't our car start?

KristaMo
20

Asked by KristaMo Aug 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM about the Chevrolet Epica

Our car won't start and a new battery in today. The car wants to connect but can't quite do it. We're also not getting any power to our windows or door locks.

Jerome Baldwin
105

possibly fuses, alternator or starter, maybe battery terminals are too rusty, depends on wut u have investigated thus far.

KristaMo
20

Fuses were checked. The car doesn't seem to be getting any gas. The odd thing is the car was running fine this morning. I drove around for the better part of 2 hrs with no problem. When my husband went to use the car 3 hrs later, the battery was dead. He tried boosting it but that didn't work so he went and got a new one and it still wouldn't start. It's trying to but can't quite do it.

Jerome Baldwin
105

Hmm..Could be an electrical problem, try car electronics shop and your mechanic

vette0001
0

I have the same problem have you got any answers what will fix it fuses are fine

vette0001
0

found the problem there are another set of fuses just under the driver steering wheel on the kick panel side its a 5 amp fuse replace should start as that was the problem

adnan313
0

I have same problem with this junk car - the battery went down and would not start - took it to the machine ,he could not find what the problem is but did manage it to get it started - but he neva knew what he did - after 2 days car wont start again - thank god it was in a parking lot -new battery this time - it did start after 15 min of trying but now its still not working - machine told me all the fuse are good , can any one tell me which fuse i should be checking for ? i am also assuming it is issue with the key or ignition ?

vette0001
0

there are 3 lots of fuse boxes one in the engine bay by the battery the other next to it next to the radiator and the other by the kick panel by your side door in australia its on the right so iam gessing on your left if in usa it would be a 5 amp fuse which would blow change it shoulds be ok

vette0001
0

its the fuse box by your kick panel that fuse blows out your indicators dont work and door locks plus windows

adnan313
0

If it sits overnight and I go out to start it, it turns over but doesnt start. If i wait about 10 minute sometimes or more and turn it over sometimes it will start sometimes not. It took me over an hour to get it started last week, but once it is started it will turn over every time after that with no problems. fuses are good ,i changed the battery? ANY ideas what it could be ? something is not letting it start at times - I am a college student and can not afford to fix alot of things that may or may not be wrong with it.