In your opinion, should I buy an extended warranty for my 2007 750li or try to keep cash on hand in anticipation of repairs? My car has 94,000 miles on it.

bigronfromla
0

Asked by bigronfromla May 17, 2014 at 08:57 PM about the BMW 7 Series

jfw2459
10

First do your due deligance and check out the reputation of the warranty company. Then, yes! I would by all means you should buy an exented warraty. With most European autos, repairs can be costly, even for minor issues.

Rats
95

Good Morning BigRon, I have to agree with JFW. These are Beautiful Cars, (Yours is one of my favorites - and the most spacious). Wear and tear parts are not usually covered, but with all the electronics in your Beamer, look for a warranty that not only covers drivetrain, but one that covers the computers and smog components. Best of luck, Rats

Tina Moore
30

I bought one for my 7 and it's paid off. Just make sure you get a repetible plan. The best plans are from credit unions. The downside is, most EW companies may not give you the highest level plan they offer because it is a BMW and high mileage, so shop around. Once you hit 100-130k, you'll be using it...remember these are not DIY maintenance and repair cars....