amc eagle wagon

lawrenceingle
25

Asked by lawrenceingle Dec 13, 2010 at 08:43 PM about the AMC Eagle

My dashboard changeover switch slides from left to right easily but doesn't engage from 2-wheel drive to 4-wheel drive. It isn't making noise either. I've tried it on a roll and at stop and start and nothing seems to work....Help please...Thanks for suggestions

Jonathan Furse
1,655

Check out the actuator on the transfer case, it's probably clogged with dirt and road grime from not being used. The best way to prevent this is to switch to 4-HI EVERY time you go off pavement for any reason.

Burton Lane
265

Sounds like the back of the switch isn't properly attached to anything.