the dashboard lights on my cadillac eldorada will not off when i turn the car off

smallie
0

Asked by smallie Mar 10, 2013 at 01:37 PM about the Cadillac Escalade

22,805

Sounds like a bad ground. Did you recently replace the radio or have other work done on the dash or near the dash? Look for a disconnected wire or ground strap under or behind the dash. Also check all your fuses. Sometimes when a fuse for one circuit blows it will allow power to "bleed" through to another. Anything else not working or not working properly? HTH. -Jim

mrmoony
2,290

I wonder if it's a normal timed shut off like with dome light and headlights. Does it eventually go off or does it drain you battery?

judge_roy

Yes! I agree, this is done intentionally, and shuts istelf off after perhaps thirty seconds....see you didn't say that.

judge_roy

it's a BCM, body control module~

judge_roy

these did not exist twenty years ago---hmmmph~