i meant to say 3times3is 9 and then it flashed 4more times thats 13 right let me know car runs like crap keeps dieng

colletts84
25

Asked by colletts84 May 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM about the Buick Grand National

13,075

No. When you enter the diagnostics mode the check engine light will flash a reference code 12 to let you know you've successfully entered diagnostics mode. It will be flash (pause) then flash flash (quickly). It will do this 3 times. After the third code 12 it will pause then flash any trouble codes. Example: a code 45 will be flash flash flash flash......................flash flash flash flash flash. Then pause and onto the next code. When the last code is flashed out it will flash code 12 again. You're on the right track, just need to hone those code reading skills a little. Can be a little tricky at first. HTH. -Jim

judge_roy

Please have an OBD scanner readout---then tell us what it says~ thank you very much----guru #4

judge_roy

It's free at pep boys or kragen or advance auto or NAPA or..... there~

68,045

Judge, FYI: the GN is a pre OBDii, and from my understanding the auto stores only read OBDii now, not OBDi. colletts84, to read the codes JS is on the right track, it is tricky. example....three quick beeps/flashes, a pause and one beep, is code 31.