how do you unlock the radio

zamelmel
0

Asked by zamelmel Feb 22, 2008 at 07:41 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

My husbands truck radio is locked how do you get it unlocked

papa

you may want to try the dealeror a raido shop.

24,895

You will need to take your VIN and proof of ownership (registration card, etc.) to a Chevy dealer to get the security code for the radio so it can be unlocked.

Dan Schroeder
195

you need to take that but also need to press and hold preset buttons 2 and 3 together. 3 numbers will appear, write them down and press am/fm and 3 more will appear. take this 6 digit number to your dealer with that (or if you just have this 6 digit number i have heard of someone selling the code you need on ebay for $1) you will get an unlock code which you should keep as long as you own your car. to enter your code press and hold your minute button until 000 appears. release minute button and press it again but do not hold it, keep pressing it until the last 2 digits match the code you are entering, press hour until the first two match (this code is only 4 numbers) when the whole code is correct press am/fm and it will display sec and the radio will function when it is turned on

Dan Schroeder
195

also there is a way to change your code, so you may want to ask the previous owner, but most people don't. also you can deactivate theftlock if you don't think it will be stolen. I believe you turn the ignition to acc or run, turn the radio off, press the 1 and 4 buttons together and hold until sec shows on display. press min and 000 will display. use hr and min buttons to match the code like before. press am/fm and the display will show --- indicating it is no longer secured by theftlock, if sec displays this was done incorrectly

Richie Mcrae
150

you do not have to go to a dealer there a 1-800 number you can call here a link to the step with the number http://www.ehow.com/how_7224847_unlock-chevy-radio.html

eagberr
60

Pressed 2 And 3 Nothing Happened