how do i turn off my autmatic head lights while i am in park?

bchee
0

Asked by bchee Feb 20, 2007 at 05:16 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Blazer

When I start my vehicle the headlights turn on automatically and I have tried to turn the knob to turn them off but when I put the vehicle in park the headlights stay on as well. My question is how would I be able to turn off the headlights while the vehcile is in park but still running?

bovan
10,030

Dear bchee-- You can't. Your 2002 Chevrolet Blazer has daytime running lights and the car is programmed to turn them on whenever the car is turned on. The only way to turn this feature off is to have a dealer hook it up to his computer and disable the daytime running lights. Good luck from Bovan.

Anonymous
0

You can turn them off by turning them on manually, then hold the dome override button and turn them back off. This only works until you turn off the ignition and must be repeated each time you engage the ignition switch

rllewis69
120

most people don't know this but you can turn your lights off by applying the parking brake before you turn the car on. You car must be turned off before you apply the parking brake for this to work. Once you take the brake off your lights will come back on as normal.

dusry63
110

If you look in your owner's manual, it tells you how to disable the automatic lighting function.... turn the ignition on (with or without the engine running), and simply press and release the dome overide button 4 times within a 5 second period and the auto feature will be deactivated; it will notify you of the deactivation with a chime. repeating the procedure turns the auto feature back on. It will also be reactivated the next time the ignition is switched off and then back on. When in manual mode the light switch is used to select the lighting mode.

SewandSew
10

Turn lights off when in park by engaging the Parking/Emergency brake.

Hunter West
65

push the dome override button twice quickly or put the parking brake on

debo1965
75

the button that turns your dome light on and off is also the over ride button for your daytime lights. press it four times fast and you will hear a chime and lights will go off.

debo1965
75

the dome light button is the daytime headlight over ride. Press four times fast to turn lights off.

rtprider
20

Just got a 2002 Chevy Suburban. The owner manual says to press and release the dome override button four times. Must be repeated every time the vehicle is started up. My problem is that what I think is the daytime running lamp will not come on at all. Bulbs are all replaced. The lights are the ones most inboard on the lower assembly.

sgk_0013
0

rtprider, those are Driving lights (fog would be amber/yellow) - there is NO WIRING OR BULBs in those if you look. You would also have an additional switch for them on your dash if it were equipped with a certain package, like z71. They May have a GM Accessory kit at the dealer parts dept!?!