I have a 2003 chevy trailblazer that idles rough when in gear?? could it be the trans??

Kenny Fogleman
25

Asked by Kenny Sep 07, 2009 at 08:32 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

this vehicle just started running rough when idling in gear, a neighbor has the same model and was expeirencing the same thing until her car overheated the shop changed her thermostat and clutch fan and that fixed her idle problem. could this be the cause of my problems also?? Ihave a hard problem thinking that the cooling system is causing this. I have not experienced any cooling problems on my vehicle

Mike Amico
205

sounds like a throw out bearing to me

Eddie Dwyer
5

vaccum leak

Daniel Ladd
0

No this is not a problem related to a throw out bearing or a vaccum leak. This most likely is caused by dirty fuel injectors, old spark plugs and old spark plug wires. It could be a combination of these. Each is fairly easy to diagnose. I am going to change the plugs first as my 2006 Trailblazer LT EXT has 97600 miles on it with the original plugs and wires, Then I will change the wires. Last will be the fuel injection cleaning service at the dealership.