step on brake pedal-all turn signal lights come on/dash&mirrors, back of tahoe both orange lens light up-not the red brake ones?

cvance2
90

Asked by cvance2 Nov 02, 2012 at 12:18 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

This is happening off and on, or I get system notice on dash-service 4WD or/and stability system service.

What's going on? all fuses and bulbs good.

8,225

which come on with the blinkers?

19,725

The brake lights are wired through the turn signal switch so its a possibility that a connector has melted and the contacts are touching. That's just one of many possibilities.

19,725

Take that back I'd lean towards the hazard switch since all the signal lights come on

cvance2
90

When I turn on a blinker, it works till I step on the brake pedal , then the blinker stops and all these other lights come on.

cvance2
90

This only starts when the auto-headlights come on or I use reverse which would turn on the backup lights.

8,225

Have the wiring checked for shorts, something has gotten crossed over or lost a ground.

T-b Boogie
0

I'm having the very exact same issue on my Escalade...did you find a solution?

19,725

Test your turn signal switch.

Clint Galloway
0

My 04 1500 r turn signal lights come on when i hit the brakes, and only works once in a while, was told to get a flasher module (?) 74.99$ at auto zone, got one and going to plug it in tonight. Any ideas clintgalloway@yahoo.com

David Archuleta
0

You've possibly crossed your wires at the steering column.

anthony0129
0

I'm having the same exact problem. My right blinker on when I hit the brakes and all the bulbs are good its a 2004 Chevy Silverado the connector might be bad on me or turn switch

Racecaryaya
0

2001 chevy tahoe, this is my second time with this problem, last time front inside bottom light, but guess this time thats not the case. Its raining or i'd be checkin checkin the bulbs to be sure their all the right sizes. Replacing all the light fuzes. already changed the flasher relay and removed all the body grounds underneath the tahoe and cleand them with a wire brush.