how do i bypass the window switch to get my drivers side window closed

larryg1969
0

Asked by larryg1969 Apr 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Impala

Mike Zaba
645

A lot of the vehicles have modules for the window motors. I wouldnt suggest jumping anything. I have done a few motors on these cars. Are you sure its the switch?

Jon Peters
55

My dad had the same problem with his 2000 Impala, it is the switch. What you can do is switch the wires around so that the wires for the front driver window is connected to the switch for the rear drivers window.

Chris Grohens
25

you have to take the door panel find the window motor disconnect the connector run wires from the battery one fromthe neg when from the posi terminals touch the wires tothe opposite prongs in the window motor where the connector goes if it lowers it reverse the wires on the prongs becarefull those wires dont touch eachother if the window doesnt moveits your motor thatis bad

Jon Peters
55

The switches are known to go on the Impala cars though. My dad's 2000 has had it replaced 3 times since we got it.