starting problem

rulane41
0

Asked by rulane41 Apr 21, 2012 at 11:34 AM about the 2007 GMC Canyon

it will start in the morning, but if i stop for gas ,it will not always start right up again, then i will have to wait awhile and it will start.

markee1964
60

Yes I have the same problem every few months, if you notice on your dash next time there is a lock symbol over a car, if it blinks on and off this means your ignition is locked (it should be solid light when turning the key) I don't know what the fix is, but plan on letting it sit for 10 minutes (exactly) and it will start, the ignition re-sets after 10 minutes, I've been told its a common problem.

Poppy4400
0

I have been dealing with this no start for over a year Now. And I think I figured it out. Haven't had the problem in over 3 months I quit using that cheap little remote door lock unlock Panic button thing that goes on your key ring. Must have something to do with some pass lock system on the truck. Simple has that. Please post a message if it works For you. Bill