How would you fix a window off track (driver side) on a 2006 Chevy Impala?

DeanF150
0

Asked by DeanF150 Jan 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Impala

My Driver side window made a noise (sort of metal on glass sound) while I was pushing the power
button. Now, it's in the door - jammed and I can't get it up. I want to fix it myself.

DavidH25

Pop the door panel, and buy some new clips before you even begin. Hopefully you can simply set it back on the track, and a little silicone to 'glue' it without using some glue that the glass will break if it has to come back out

DavidH25

www.ehow.com › Car Repair & Maintenance gives a better explanation but it's not much different from mine..not too difficult but time consuming

Michael McGrail
6,355

Chances are the window regulator broke. It is a quite common issue. Plastic bushings only hold up to a metal wire for so long..