how do you reset the oil life system?

radauto
0

Asked by radauto Sep 13, 2007 at 11:29 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet HHR

how do you reset the oil life system after the oil has been changed for the first time?

23,625

Some GM vehicles have a button located in the fusebox inside the vehicle to reset the oil life system. Others use a series of key on/key off switches such as holding the key in the on position for so many seconds, etc. Check your manual or ask your dealer how to do this and they should be happy to show you.

Buh Smith
345

Rather than guessing, I'll tell you where it is! When you use the "Info" button to toggle the digital readout to "Oil Life" press and hold the "Enter" button (the arrow) until the oil life resets to 100%. Good luck!

Zachary Pilalas
270

wow do you guys even own an HHR cause you have NO CLue what your talking about lol Direction: Turn the ignition key to Run but dont start the car. make sure your doors are closed, Press the information button and the reset button (Bottom Button) at the same time, then scroll to Oil Life Reset and press and hold the reset button until the display says Acknowledged. Your Done ENjoy, and for those would be mechanics , Stick to what YOU do best which hopefully ISNT trying to fix someones car...

butch686
335

another way to reset your oil life is turn the key on, but dont start it. push the gas pedle to the floor 3 times and shut off the ignition. then turn it back on and go to the info button on the steering wheel and see if it reads out 100% oil life.

shewe
35

try the button on the steering wheel

shewe
35

you got that right

Mariian
25

I was going to tell you the same thing that Butch686 said. Most GM cars have the same reset with is just what he stated.

Kevin Cardwell
40

if you take 3 psi our of the left rear tire and 2.5 psi to the right front tire, turn on the windshield wipers and honk the horn 5 times. That will reset the oil life system.

stephocox
25

I have an 06 Chevy HHR & both what Zachary & Butch686 said are the correct ways to reset the oil life & what Kevin said is hilarious...