my truck getting to much gas

mudcat81892
0

Asked by mudcat81892 Oct 22, 2012 at 06:30 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

my 86 nissan d21 want start its getting fire and gas butt i think it getting to much gas cause it shotting gas out the top of carb

Larry Larsen
235

theres a bolt underneath your carb to the left if your looking from the front of the truck, its a small bolt with a rubber cap on it, if you loosen that up about a half a turn to 3/4 of a turn, you might see that it will lessen the input of gas that is going in the carb, also check your carb intake manifold, the cylinder underneath the carb filter, make sure that all the valves are completely closing

NickWoodward
40

Your problem is it is flooding. The screw thing might work. But your bowl might be stuck as well depending on what carb you have. the one on my 1994 nissan xe pickup is just a carb. It has the fuel rail and the injuctors. but my prob is mine won't start and run. put gas in carb and back fires and catches fire. not timing. I'm just gonna rip the motor out and put a Ford 302 short block with ford trans mission and transfer case and modified driveshafts and that will be that. :)

Larry Larsen
235

the 94's came with ka24's didnt they? because i know the 89's and older came with the z24 motors.... but not 100 percent sre on the ka's

NickWoodward
40

Mine has the 2400 12 valve. inline 4 engine

NickWoodward
40

You might also have a bent or stuck valve or valves. My gocart did this the valve stuck open on the carb side so it took in the fuel through the carb but then shot it back out the carb. so it might be bent valves or the timing belt or chin is slipping or broke or fell off.

NickWoodward
40

I checked my engine and it is the ka24 engine. but yours idk.

Larry Larsen
235

thats what i thought, i got the original z2400 motor in mine with the 8 sparkplugs

NickWoodward
40

mine has four. plugs y yours have 8

Larry Larsen
235

its double sparkplugs for emmissions, it burns up the smog when the piston goes up after firing, so in turn when i use to get smog checks in california, it would pass... even if i took the heads off and it was running straight motor... it would pass smog... i have no idea why nissan did it... but the truck has lasted 25 years and 92% of the truck is still stock... never seen a mechanic

chanzelooper
0

i have a 93 nissan pathfinder and i have 1/2 tank of gas but it wont start. it cranks over but not start, the week before i tried pulling my brother 1/4 ton dodge out of the mudd and ever since then it wont go into 1 or 4 gear and that night it ran really hot but quick i need help if anyone knows whats wrong call me at 501 304 3002