1977 200sx SR20DET??

Asked by Daraius Jan 17, 2009 at 05:50 AM about the 1977 Nissan 200SX

so i have a 77 200sx and looking to put a SR20DET in it. I am not very experienced with fixing up cars but i am willing to learn so what else will i need to buy and install? and anything at all to point me in the direction i wanna go...

David Campman

well your going to need an sr20det motor set first. That basically consist of a motor, tranny , harness, turbo, and ecu. That will run you 2 grand to maybe 4 grand for a full front cut clip. Thats the easy part The hard part will be, Wiring the sr20 harness into the 200sx harness, Finding a driveshaft, you will probably go custom, Engine Mounts, and tranny mounts those will probably be custom also, Custom exhaust,, maybe a 240sx exhaust will work, maybe it wont, it will probably need to be modified, open j pipe will be your friend are you sure its a 200sx , and not an old z car.? check out zilvia.net to get more info

Hey I have that same car. Mine is blue though, I'm about to put a ca18det in it. You have any more pics?

My 79' 200SX.

I would be very happy if you are selling your Datsun 200sx. I love this particular car. I had this particular car back in 1983 and I love it. please write me back at wplop1960@yahoo.com. My name is Donald Thompson

This car is gorgeous. Let me know if you are selling it. My name is Donald Thompson my email address is wplop1960@yahoo.com. I had this kind of car back in 1983, I had sold it when i went into the Army. Now i'm mad at myself for selling it to the junk yard. Please let me know if you are selling it. Thanks my friend.

Hi sorry for interrupting this thread but I am in need of a steering gear box for a 1978 200sx. any help or info appreciated... email pmfgrty55@aol.com thanks in advance ps just passed california smog