why does my 1975 beetle have rising engine oil levels as it is driven

williso
10

Asked by williso Mar 19, 2013 at 04:13 PM about the 1975 Volkswagen Beetle

The beetle runs good and starts good except the oil on the dip stick shows more than full in a short time of driving.

109,175

Best time to check the oil level is 5mins or more after running the car. Reason being, the oil has had enough time to fall back down in the oil pan.

7jimmy7
12,525

rising,hey call ripley this is maby good,or its getting loaded with gasoline,is it thin?,vapors from breather evaporating what it can,watch it contamentated lubrication

williso
10

Williso here with an up-dated report---the oil is thin and is smelling with gas---how could gas be getting into the oil????

7jimmy7
12,525

if carbureted engine ,leaking flote in bowl overflowing down throte of carb,,mostly during idle causing rough running,,,,injected engine leaky injectors usally at shutdown