68VW Semi-Automatic Transmission

BillsVW
0

Asked by BillsVW Mar 11, 2011 at 02:38 PM about the 1968 Volkswagen Beetle

A 68 VW semi-automatic transmission......how hard to get back on the road and to get parts?

Chris Billings
1,275

depends on what is wrong with the car. it could be fairly easy to extremely difficult. the biggest drawback to semi-auto cars is the transaxle and related parts. some of these are hard to find and expensive to buy when you do find them. even some parts are no longer made, so you either have to fix (rebuild) what you have or try to find a good used one. as far as body, suspension, interior, and engine (most of the engine anyway) they are the same as a standard bug and are very easy to find parts for. lots of aftermarket support still for these pieces.

Mark Legere
160

if the trans is not working change it to standard ive done it much easier to service

smashing
10

we currently have a complete beetle semi automatic that we are breaking for spares. It has to be broken and cannot be put back on the road. Please ring 0113 2435635 or 2450700 and ask for Ric

jameanicus
10

Hi there, just missed one on e.bay went for £1320..tax and mot sent me loads of pics, i was bit afraid underneath needed some work so i let it go, sorry now, I had one when i first started driving 1969 ish a customized bronze 1968,1500cc semi auto, dralon button interior, I also bought another one 20yrs ago that was custom aswell pale green, both in south wales. i would love to know where they are now and wished i had kept them instead of selling them on, so yes definately worth doing up and keeping and don't be afraid of the auto side of things fantastic leave in gear or use it in sport mode lovely drive..vw james

davemorris1968
10

Hi ,i am interested in the semi auto control valve,I called the number today but no anwser .Please could you email photo and price thanks . davidmorris73@btinternet.com