HT vs LT

hollihawk
5

Asked by hollihawk Jan 13, 2009 at 02:00 AM about the 2001 Volvo C70

What is the main difference between the HT and the LT models? I am looking to buy a used C70. Thank you. BT

hollihawk@aol.com

hollihawk
5

NO Help?

James Meek
125

The HT is the T5 High Pressure Turbo model on the generation 1 model (that I have) it pushes out 240bhp, the LT is the light pressure turbo not branded as T5 not sure what the bhp is without looking it up, but it is less than the HT My 2001 model is fantastic power wise, but needed a little help handling wise, as it rolls alot, I installed a front strut brace (official Volvo part) which has helped it a lot, you can uprate the suspension with Koni shocks and bilsen (i think) springs which lower the standard car by 20mm (next on the list) that improves the handling but firms up the ride a little. Basically the Gen 1 C70 (Coupe or Converible) makes a fantastic car, I love mine and am dreading the day I have to replace it (I'm sure the new one isnt as good) Bare in mind though that the Gen 1 was in effect hand built by TWR for Volvo, and as such some of the repairs etc are a bit more expensive than the equivalent V or S 70. If you want better fuel economy I would go for the light pressure turbo (2.5 litre i think) over the 2.3 T5 version but if you want scary power and go for the T5, word of warning though 240bhp is a lot to put through the front wheels - beware! James

James Meek
125

Oh just looked up the light pressure turbo it was 197bhp