Why does the MINI only provide TWO rubber jack points, instead of four?

judge_roy

Asked by judge_roy Feb 12, 2013 at 08:01 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper

The MINI I had had so called "mystery blocks" floating in the trunk, and it was cargurus who told me what these were.  The only question is how come there are only two, when the underside has relief spaces for four?  Am I supposed to acquire two more?  Is the fact they are snap-in mean they are supposed to be snapped out with a special tool, then snapped into a 'docking station' that isn't there.?  Installed they are bumps that stick out of the bottom, uninstalled, there is a definate shelf for salt and dirt to accumulate, so four it is, only will have to order two more.  Guess they are cheap or indecisive or both. rolling around in the boot is where they will live until this is resolved.

63,925

Are you planning on using the two blocks you have? Have you ever used them? Does your garage use them? Do you need four? You only have one jack.

Best Answer
judge_roy

you know this darned buggy is soft and fragile. If you don't use the rubber blocks your hydraulic jack crushes right in. The built in jack can only be used on a level road. this place is like the surface of the moon. have put down busted pavers from mendo mill for free to act as a driveway so mini doesn't have his tires in the dirt. So darned close to the ground a person cannot fit between in there, so yes the blocks are necessary unless you can hoist it up with ramps or by it's wheels. I do and have used them for jacking with my lil 2 ton model floorjack. all four would be more convenient but less aerodynamic. they are temporary until the little pin is driven home expanding that side fastener. otherwise would slip and stay into the holes. Like a dummy I made two of them "permanent" by doin' this. oops. Just have to put my paws on two more and we'll have our dirt openings covered.

KUMINI2013
0

The blocks, or jacking pucks, are suppoed to be attached to the underside of your car at all times. 4 are required. If you only have two, you need to buy two more and leave them attached. All Mini owners leave them attached at all times. They come from the dealer with them attached.