04 6.0 diesel straightpipe??

moo1123
0

Asked by moo1123 Jul 15, 2010 at 11:30 PM about the 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty

i'm wanting to straight pipe my 6.0 diesel, it's an 04 extended cab, any suggestions, or would i be better off goin to muffler shop and having muffler and cat cut off and a one piece pipe put on?

Ben Jesse
45

I have a muffler delete pipe on my 03 6.0L from pure diesel power and the truck sounds great! Most muffler shops around me can't bed anymore than 3" so you might need to find a heavy equipment shop or semi repair shop and seeing if they can make you some delete pipes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yact2YrNTnw This is a video of my truck going through its idle cycle (from the tuner) But it you can definitely notice the that it's not a stock exhaust.

papa

you cant legaly cut off the cat,wont pass inspection,you can do a true duel on it ,but you will have to add a cat to it,even with mufflers it will sound great.

Butch Fischer
15

ya just cut the cat and muffler off and weld a piece in thats how my 03 6.0 diesel is and you dont have to go through any inspections

papa

Hay smart a$$,if he lives in a state that requries a state inspection it WILL NOT PASS,as for the way you said you did yours ,wait for it,back pressure will bite you in the ass.