Brake light fuse

ptbrnk
0

Asked by ptbrnk May 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM about the 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

While working on the lights for a trailer I was having trouble with the Brake lights - they didn't work.  In the process I discovered the the brake lights on the truck were not working.
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup.  Any suggestions?  Could it be a fuse and if so where and which fuse is for the brake lights?
Thanks for any help.

judge_roy

the other end of the black wire which connects to the chassis ground should be wire brushed clean and the washer and the bolt too~

Michael Tutty
5,375

It is not likely a ground problem. There is a very simple way to find out if it is the switch or the fuse. Turn on the 4-way flashers. If they do not work, it is the fuse. That fuse is normally in the main fuse panel in the cab of the truck. If the 4-way flashers do work, it is not the fuse. This being the case, the most likely thing is the switch. Brake light switches are normally fairly inexpensive and normally not difficult to change.

judge_roy

The fuse box is on the side of the dashboard where the door butts up against it. The door must be in the open position to reach the fuse box. The cover is stamped "fuse box." Read more: How Do I Replace the Fuses on a Dodge Ram Fuse Box? | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_6872244_do-dodge-ram-fuse- box_.html#ixzz2UMScZwyE

AJBurns
120

I am having the same problem B/L won't work but flashers do. Replaced switch and still same problem. Checked for current to switch (yes) but still no B/L. Thinking it would be a ground but fuse isn't blown. Does the '99 Dodge have a relay that could possibly go bad? If so, where is it located?

Harry5o
30

I have a 97 dodge 1500 and I just done all of the above and still nothing but I found the answer. Your hazard lights run off the same circuit so I turn my hazards on and nothing but I tampered with hazard button and they just started working so more than Likely that's your problem.

tamidmis
0

The right signal wasn't working so I also tampered with the hazard button and it worked