How do I reset the Low Tire indicator?

Sandi
0

Asked by Sandi Aug 22, 2007 at 05:29 PM about the 2002 Buick Regal

Right front tire pressure was corrected but the low tire indicator light will not go out.  (Was told it would after driving it for a while.)  What do I have to do to reset it?

Sandi

dvigano
8,195

Hi Sandi, There's a red reset button inside the fuse box on the passenger side. Push and hold until the light goes out. Good luck!

A Facebook user
85

My car does this all the time! I have a 2000 Buick Regal and sometimes in extreme cold or extreme hot weather the light will come on when there is nothing wrong with the tire pressure. On the passenger side of the car there is a fuse panel box on the corner of the dash board. Take the cover plate off and look for the "reset" button which is small and red. Hold the reset button down until you see the "Low Tire" light blink and then everything will be all done!

Daniel Reed
1,315

The tire pressure warning system uses readings from the abs sensors to measure differences in wheel speed, to see if a tire is low. When you reset the light, make sure you do so AFTER you set all the tire pressures. This way it will come on ONLY if a tire gets low.

angielove
0

yup...red button that says reset! Comes on often enough to be a pain in the bum.

Kevin Ketsa
85

are the batteries low in the pressure sensor monitors in the tire? any tire shop can check that out with a scan tool. Battery might need changing