car stalls when i go thru a puddle of water

hawk
0

Asked by hawk Feb 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM about the 1988 Honda Accord

i have a 1988 Honda Accord, and it runs and idles fine all the time except if i go thru a puddle of water,  Then the cars will not go faster 30 mph,  no matter how hard i push on the accelerator, but the engine is still running smooth at this time, no missing or rough running at any time. And the engine does not rev up like it would if it was a transmission problem, the engine rpms remain in line with a car running 30 mph.  Help !!!!

Jonathan Furse
1,645

Well, you probably go too fast through the puddle, then water gets in your engine. SLOW DOWN WHEN YOU SEE WATER!