Car was running then just quit. Won't turn over not even a click from starter. All other electricles work. Lights radio windows.

Puttssee
5

Asked by Puttssee Oct 12, 2011 at 02:01 AM about the 1976 Chevrolet Corvette

I have a 1976 corvette. It was in a flood. Up to bottom of gauges. I got water out of engine transmission ( 4 speed ) and rear end. Changed all fluids. Got it running. Worked on interior. Would start up and move just to keep it loose. I started it it ran then just quit. No sputter nothing just quit. When I tried to start again. There was nothing. No click click. I thought battery dead. Charged battery. Said it was 100% charged still nothing. Other electricle stuff works. What can I do to get it running before it siezes up?
Thanks

Howard Cooper
95

Could be a number of things, was it a salt water flood? Need to check see if you get 12 volts to starter, could be a bad connection in....Steering column harness, Fusebox-Engine compartment harness, blown fusable link on starter harness, bad starter solonoid, bad ground between motor to frame, bad ignition switch....Floods are bad, they can introduce intermittant gremlins all over the place. Check factory service manual for "No Start"

Steven Benton
415

the ignition switch could be bad. when mine went out i had accessory power but it wouldnt engage the starter

Puttssee
5

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't salt water. Why would it be running then just quit. Then I would get nothing when I try and start it. Thanks Ron

Puttssee
5

Thanks for your advice. Would that cause the engine to die and not start. Thanks Ron