i have a 1988 chevrolet corsica and wish to find out what is wrong with it

jwt1959
0

Asked by Jun 30, 2012 at 06:00 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Corsica

the car is a 1988 chevrolet corsica.2.0 engine..the problem is when i give it gas to enter traffic it gets sluggish.now it has died and had to be towed.after getting it to the garage i was asked to try starting it . and it started right off and sounded great.so i live 300 ft.from the garage and drove it home and it died and hasn't started since.i was told it was the fuel pump.,fuel filter,fuel relay .which one is it and how do i fix this problem its the only car i have

13,345

fuel filter is easy and cheap and if it hasnt been done in a while i'd do it anyway. Fuel pump relay should click when the key is turned after it has sat for a min. If you can figure out where it is and feel it (listen too) while the key is turned it will click. If it doesnt then chances are it's bad. Fuel pump should make a noise when it's working. How did they know it was fuel? did they do a pressure test?

clp2763
0

Changed fuel filter today. Still no start. Multimeter is showing 12.5 v at battery. Shows 0.0 at BAT terminal on alternator