my 1955 cooling fan will not work unless i wire it direct ( PLEASE HELP )

Bowser
5

Asked by Bowser Sep 25, 2007 at 04:20 PM about the 1955 Chevrolet Corvette

cooling fan does not come on. Can run hot wire and fan works but will not come on at the time it needs to. (PLEASE HELP)

Thanks
  Mike

dvigano
8,205

Hi Bowser, It sounds like you have a bad temperature sensor. Without the temperature sensor tells the fan when to turn on and when to turn off. Hope this helps!

crazzy450r
495

i agree with dvigano other than the switchs name its a thermal switch

stinger
45

It could be the temperature sensor,relay, pcm.with a gm scanner youcould check the readings of temp sensor,you can also comand fans on with scanner.if they dont go on with scanner you could have a bad pcm or a open in that circuit

papa

if you are talking 55chevy lei it run.