my 85 k5 .

Asked by rvsjsb Nov 05, 2012 at 09:21 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet Blazer

My Blazer stalls while I am driving it. Any ideas. has an electric fuel pump that I hear come on when you
turn the key. When it dies. I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes before it will start again. Any suggestions

How often does it stall?

Once, Now in the last 2 days. I had to let it sit for a few minutes before it would start again. When you have an inline fuel pump can the smaller canister next to it be the filter. Have not noticed this until today. Had had the truck since 2002. Have a in line fuel filter coming off of the carburetor. Never thought to trace the line down in side the frame

It has a carburetor and an electronic fuel pump? I'm not extremely familiar with the old carbureted set ups but to my knowledge they all had mechanical pumps on the side of the engine. So an electric pump tells me there could be a chance that someone may have made a modification or two and its very possible there is a second inline filter next to the pump that was added when the pump was. You are also on the same track I would be on with looking at the fuel filter.

Best Answer

oh goodness. Think we have hit gold. There is a small filter next to the pump. I was not sure at first what it was at first glance but now it all makes since. I blow the 305 and put a 350 in it back in 2004 but even before that the mechanical fuel pump was never used. Thanks so much for your help. That makes a lot of since. There is a small metal filter just before the pump coming from the tank connected to one end of the pump itself. Now I know that here is two fuel filters on my truck. One by the carburetor and one by the fuel pump to catch any debris coming out of the gas tank itself.