Changing the transmission fluid

ssmj
0

Asked by ssmj Jul 04, 2008 at 05:26 AM about the 1996 Toyota Camry

I am able to change a few things on my 96 Camry like Oil, brakes, master brake cylinder, rotors plugs and such.  How easy/hard is it to replace the transmission fluid and filter myself?  The car has about 120K miles.  Thanks.

papa

simple drop the pan be careful as it has no drain plug for the fluid.start removing bolts in front -rear first then remove bolts on sides of pahloosen other 4or5 bolts fulid will be running out,have something big enought to catch fluid thenremove rest of the bolts easley tip pan to drain fluid remove.filter just pulls down,may have to wiggle it out,filter also has fluid in it.clean pan tire cleaner is good,renove old gasket.use YELLOWweather strip glue get at autozone red box -red tube,put aroung pan onlt place gasket on panlet stand 5 minutes or soinstall filter the way it came out will be o-ring in box-plastic.if oid one did not come off with oid filter is ok leave in push filter up as far as you can tap with fist to lock into oring,put pan back on do not over tighten bolts,dont want to squish out new gasket ,youwill know when thght5 qrts of dextron lll-3fluid ,your done.