97 camry delay start when turning the key

blacks
0

Asked by blacks Nov 08, 2013 at 10:12 PM about the 1997 Toyota Camry

delay start when turning the key

30,375

Check, tighten and clean all battery connections. Also do the negative connections on frame and motor.

judge_roy

the battery has to be newer than five or you'll start havin; alternator problems as the battery refuses to accept a charge 10% per/yr...so yours is a "gonzo"...get a new one and do as dandyoun suggests...some have two 1/0 cables one for the motorblock and one for the chassis (where the ECM resides)~

judge_roy

quite surprised the starter solenoid can engage on a reduced amperage/potential~ a testament to superior design...as I recall the ground connection is UNDERNEATH that battery so tho inconvenient, undo that lug and wirebrush it clean~

7jimmy7
9,385

delay start meaning? a pause in the current energizing starter or while cranking a delay in lighting it up? ignition switch sending under full 12 volts .meter the battery! or needs plugs and strong fuel pressure! respectively