Fuel Injector Problems

kcameron1979
20

Asked by kcameron1979 Sep 02, 2007 at 10:36 PM about the 2002 Toyota Camry

kcameron1979
20

We bought an '02 Camry LE (4 cy, 5 spd) from a Toyota dealership a little over a year ago. 6 months into ownership (right after the warranty expired) the check engine light came on, but no audible/visible indications regarding why. Turns out, the car has 2 "bad" fuel injectors--is this a common problem for this year Camry? Or perhaps a bad set was installed in our car from the manufact.? Any ideas?

17,625

I had an 02 Camry for a while and had no issues with the fuel injectors. I did a little digging online to see if maybe this was a common theme among the 02 Camrys but I couldn't find anything to suggest that. The only official recalls for the 02 was the result of faulty airbags.

papa

fuel injectorsrarley go bad,but they do cloug up especaly if you run regular gas try running 89or midgrade gas put a good namebrand fuelinjector in tankrun til empty do same again,should be running better.if not have the2 bad injectors replaced and stay away from reg gas.

toyota_yuck
25

I had the same car 2002 and I had the same injector problem, check engine light,brakes going to floor, panels falling off the inside of the car, power windows always going, and moon roof broken. Toyota told me it was bad gas and I had to pay for it not under warranty and they would only change ALL 4 injectors!! Now the head bolts are stripped so the engine is no good so the car is junk!!!!!