Sliding door fell off-anyone else having this issue?

spidersmouse
0

Asked by spidersmouse Feb 19, 2010 at 06:15 PM about the 2007 Honda Odyssey

There was a grinding noise which started on our driver side power sliding door a couple days ago, then today, when opening, it fell off the track causing substantial body damage.  The dealer said the center roller broke, and the other side is also worn out.  The van is only 2 years old, but at 40K out of warranty, and the fix without the body work will be $400.  When I asked if this is a part which I can look forward to replacing every two years, I didn't get much assurance it wouldn't.  Anone else having this problem?

Cozette Westenberger
20

I have a 2005 and our door fell off too! It is an obvious manufacture problem. We were in am support parking lot about to catch a flight! They van was in excellent condition but as you said, there is much body damage now.

Cozette Westenberger
20

Spell guesser strikes again. That should say we were in an airport parking lot, about to catch a flight.

cmghoughton
0

I had a 2008 Odyssey and the driver side door fell off in 2011. It was all the way open and then fell out of the track and left three "Wolverine" claw marks down the side of the body. And of course it was about 6 months out of warranty when it happened. I was on Vacation 8 hours away from home and the dealer I took it to made it sound like a common problem, "we tend to keep those parts in stock" I dumped the Van and took a loss, I was pissed.

cmghoughton
0

I forgot to mention that I had the grinding noise too, but every time I took it in to the dealer they told me that it was a kids toy, dirt or grime or they didn't find anything wrong. The Fix without the body damage was about $500 for me. The body work they wanted about 3-4k.

stevens9
10

Had a 2008 where I heard the grinding noise described and the door fell off -- warranty repair. Turned that in last month for another -- a 2012 Odyssey and door just fell off -- no noise, just came off the track less than 2 mos old. Very frustrating.

mkk
0

2010 van, 70,000 miles and the door partially closes then bounces back - says its the roller - grrrrrrr $210/door (only getting one done now)