Power Windows not working

Pkaiser
0

Asked by Pkaiser Oct 09, 2012 at 01:18 PM about the 2006 Honda Accord

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and the passenger and back power windows quit working all at once.  The
drivers window works fine and the child safety lock is not engaged.  Any ideas what would cause this to
happen?

demontoad117
195

My best guess is the motors are malfunctioning or there is a wiring or switch issue. Check the switchs, check the wires and if all else fails replace the motors

bmeck
270

its doubtful that all three motors would fail at the same time, or the switches also would fail all at the same time. but it is very possible that there is a wiring issue to deal with. you may also check the child safty lock again to make sure that that switch is ok for sure.

1,785

i have an 07 accord with the same issue..its the main switch...on the drivers side that is bad...its like $150 for a new switch...i have yet to replace mine

Mike_2013
60

Jonathan, I have the same issue with my 07 accord. The driver side window works but all other windows are not working. What could be the issue? I know you said it's the switch. Where do I find this switch?

1,785

its the switch on the door that needs to be replaced. its $150 at autozone for a replacement. ive gone to junk yards in hopes of finding an 07 accord but have not had luck

Mike_2013
60

Thanks Jonathan for your response. Could you point me to the exact switch that I need to replace? Is it located on the driver door or passenger? I would appreciate the exact name for the switch if there is any. Thank you.

1,785

it is the switch on the driver side door.. the price might not be the same in your area http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Power-Window-Switch/2007-Honda-Accord-EX/_/N-jpn2hZ9cilb?itemIdentifier=909878_0_0_8034%2C78655

Domenic Loduca
45

My "07 did the same thing, never bothered to fix it!

maierjo
30

With my 07 accord I am having the same issue, the only working window is the drivers and no other window works. When I try and lower the window for the back I can hear it trying to go down by the electric swtich going but it doesnt go down... Any advise? I dont want to buy 3 new motors and wondering what I should do.

johnboy0205
40

I have a 2007 Honda Accord the driverside window works but other 3 windows dont, but when u hit the master switch on drivers door to try to roll other 3 windows down you can hear the switch click at the switch on the door ur trying to roll the window down at.

dosteen
10

I had the same problem with my 2007 Accord and foud that the problem is the child protection switch in the master window control unit was not resetting. Since this is not readily repairable, I ordered a used replacement from a reputable supplier ($90 new is $250) and changed it out. The fix worked perfectly except that I had to reprogram the keyless entry.

Joshua Garms
0

Dosteen: what is the name of the reputable supplier you're referring to?

1,785

i went to the dealer in my area, i live in southern NH and it was $180 for a new switch. as dosteen mentioned i also had to reprogram my key less entry