Power Windows not working

Pkaiser
0

Asked by Oct 09, 2012 at 01:18 PM about the 2006 Honda Accord

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and the passenger and back power windows quit working all at once.  The
drivers window works fine and the child safety lock is not engaged.  Any ideas what would cause this to
happen?

demontoad117
355

My best guess is the motors are malfunctioning or there is a wiring or switch issue. Check the switchs, check the wires and if all else fails replace the motors

bmeck
580

its doubtful that all three motors would fail at the same time, or the switches also would fail all at the same time. but it is very possible that there is a wiring issue to deal with. you may also check the child safty lock again to make sure that that switch is ok for sure.

3,265

i have an 07 accord with the same issue..its the main switch...on the drivers side that is bad...its like $150 for a new switch...i have yet to replace mine

Mike_2013
550

Jonathan, I have the same issue with my 07 accord. The driver side window works but all other windows are not working. What could be the issue? I know you said it's the switch. Where do I find this switch?

3,265

its the switch on the door that needs to be replaced. its $150 at autozone for a replacement. ive gone to junk yards in hopes of finding an 07 accord but have not had luck

Mike_2013
550

Thanks Jonathan for your response. Could you point me to the exact switch that I need to replace? Is it located on the driver door or passenger? I would appreciate the exact name for the switch if there is any. Thank you.

3,265

it is the switch on the driver side door.. the price might not be the same in your area http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Power-Window-Switch/2007-Honda-Accord-EX/_/N-jpn2hZ9cilb?itemIdentifier=909878_0_0_8034%2C78655

Domenic Loduca
115

My "07 did the same thing, never bothered to fix it!

maierjo
400

With my 07 accord I am having the same issue, the only working window is the drivers and no other window works. When I try and lower the window for the back I can hear it trying to go down by the electric swtich going but it doesnt go down... Any advise? I dont want to buy 3 new motors and wondering what I should do.

johnboy0205
300

I have a 2007 Honda Accord the driverside window works but other 3 windows dont, but when u hit the master switch on drivers door to try to roll other 3 windows down you can hear the switch click at the switch on the door ur trying to roll the window down at.

dosteen
80

I had the same problem with my 2007 Accord and foud that the problem is the child protection switch in the master window control unit was not resetting. Since this is not readily repairable, I ordered a used replacement from a reputable supplier ($90 new is $250) and changed it out. The fix worked perfectly except that I had to reprogram the keyless entry.

Joshua Garms
10

Dosteen: what is the name of the reputable supplier you're referring to?

3,265

i went to the dealer in my area, i live in southern NH and it was $180 for a new switch. as dosteen mentioned i also had to reprogram my key less entry

nono12578
25

dosteen how did u reprogram ur keyless entry?

maierjo
400

My key less entry doesn't work either after I replaced the master Window control unit

Daniel Welmon
190

I put a jumper cable from the white/green wire ti the 1st large black wire and all my windows work again. I used an old cell phone charging wire

Jeff Gauthier
220

Daniel, could you be a little more specific? Where are the two wires?

hosseroo
30

I have the same problem everyone else is having. only drivers side works bought a new master switch from honda dealer online 128.00. installed and programmed keyless entry. still no windows work except drivers. will post again when real problem is found.

Wildenigma247
30

It's the Master switch. $85.00 on Ebay or Amazon also if you Google Master Switch for ...Honda accord there is a Parts website that has used switches from Hondas and they vary in price from $25.00 -$60.00 based on vehicle mileage.

adouglasm
60

I also fixed the switch like Daniel did. Pin 1 (black) to pin 3 (white/green stripe) but I used a 15 amp fuse. and jammed it in. it was a tight fit and had to tweak the fuse a little but all the windows now work

daverACER
10

THANKS TO WHOM TOLD ABOUT THE WIRES JUMPER, FIXED THE ISSUE, I USED A FUSE IN THE JUMP AS WELL JUST IN CASE, BUT ITS A 50 AMP, ONLY ONE I HAD LYING AROUND AND PRESTO, IT WORKS, I ALSO NOTICED IN THE HARNESS THERE WAS AN EXPOSED WIRE THAT WAS TWISTED POSSIBLY IN MANUFACTURING, LOOKED LIKE A JUMPER WIRE AS WELL, HONDA NEEDS TO STEP UP TO THESE FAILURES, FAULTY WIRING, MY ONLY COMPLAINT THUS FAR ON MY ACCORD HYBRID V6 2007!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

needle_
30

I have a 2006 Accord with same issue. For my understanding, do I use 2 jumper wires? one from pin 1 to the end of a fuse, and another jumper wire from the fuse to pin 3 in series?

daverACER
10

Yes, thats how I did it, soldering it would work better, and then electrical tape, its a tight fit under control housing so use a smaller 15 amp fuse

needle_
30

Thanks! Im thinking of using a fused jumper wire from autozone for $3.99, I hope I can easily emove the master switch and work on it on my bench

needle_
30

Does the main switch come out easily or do I need to remove parts of the door ?

needle_
30

I just checked, there is no space!!! How the heck did you guys put a jumper cable in there??? What happens with the all the pins that go into the connector when you have the jumper cable in?

Brooks207
10

I had power window issues with my 03 accord. First the passenger the driver side stopped working. I troubleshot To what I beleived was window regulator motor malfunction. dealer wanted 1150 to repair both windows. I order parts for both from 1aauto.com (for 140 total.) With 3 hrs, YouTube and a friend I repaired both windows. It wasn't extermely difficult.

Racheal Dowling
60

Do you have a picture of the wire jump you placed?

Terome Marshall
0

I had the same problem so I took Daniel's advice and now they work just fine! Thanks Daniel

Wade Williamston Sr
70

I also have the non working front passenger & rear window

Wade Williamston Sr
70

I also have the non working front passenger & rear windows. I contacted the NHTSA re this problem & filed a complaint in hopes this would result in a recall. Too many Honda owners have this same issue with their vehicles. Honda should provide the fix at no charge. Especially since the issue does result from a worn out part. This issue could also involve a glitch in the car's computer & electrical system. My problem started after using my key remote to lower my windows. As owners of these good cars we shouldn't have to jump thru hoops to get this resolved. Everyone having this issue should file a complaint with NHTSA.

cjgills
0

I ordered a switch for 65 bucks from switchdoctor.net. im going to install it today and it also cames with directions on how to reprogram auto up/down feature and keyless entry and other functions.

cjgills
0

New switch fixed the problem. MAKE SURE YOU REPROGRAM YOUR KEY BEFORE DRIVING CAR!!! I didn't and my alarm was going off non stop

Daniel Welmon
190

I found that that after putting a new switch in (eventually) I have to be really close to my car for the fob to work. I put a new battery in and still like 2 ft max any thoughts? Wrong battery perhaps. Auto zone isn't the best

t48135
0

DOUBLE CHECK THE CHILD LOCK It may save you from looking like an ass in front of your wife and a couple of mechanics.

Cobbler
95

This works. Thanks to those above who suggested it. It didn't disable the child safety lock either. I haven't found ANY negative consequences from having done this!

makingAnAccountJustToThankDaniel
10

YES. I took it to the Honda place and they wanted 500 dollars to replace the master switch. Using this pic and the above comments as a guide, I hooked up the green and black wires and now all 4 windows work! (All but driver's side weren't working.) I also just cut up an old charger to get a wire. No soldering here - twisting did the trick. THANK YOU!

Daniel Welmon
190

Just for everyone who is using the jump wire fix.... this causes the switch to constantly draw a trickle of power from the battery even when not in use. So if you leave your car for a few days it will kill your battery. I went on vacay for a week and came back to a dead battery. Just an FYI. And to the guy who used an unshielded paper clip.... you're lucky you didn't have a car fire. Be safe

Thom Kelly
0

What is the exact switch you are doing the fix to? I assume it's in the driver side door?

Cobbler
95

No, Thom. The driver's door was the only one that worked at all. The wireover job made them all work again. And as far as draining the battery, it doesn't and I have found no negative consequences from having done it.

Thom Kelly
0

What switch did u wire over is what I am asking. Where is it?

genguy
10

Just like in the pic posted by Cobbler above, I did it and poof... like magic everything works. Don't know if it drains battery yet since I just fixed it today. Everyone should just fix this without replacing the master switch because you would have to re-prog some of the features. The thing NOT to do is to dismantle the master control switch. You can connect the jumper cable without touching/dismantling anything else. Also, to be on the safe side, I wrap all the exposed wires with plastic tape (any 99c cheap tape seem to do the trick). Shame on Honda for not fixing this despite substantial complaints.