would the original tranny to a 1970 chevelle be adequate enough for a stock lt1 fuel injected set up? also, if supercharged?

PapaBear12
5

Asked by PapaBear12 Feb 19, 2011 at 06:05 PM about the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

Lyndon Wester
135

Which year LT1 ?

Ben Barber
15

Depends what tranny is in the chevelle. A stock TH350 can handle something like 300ft-lbs and the TH400 can handle 400 or so. Either one could probably handle an LT1 set up for a while but it depends how you drive. If supercharged you will need to build your transmission to withstand more torque, or swap in something else.