I want to convert my 2001 v6 firebird to a v8 is it possible

lavallie
0

Asked by lavallie Apr 15, 2011 at 06:56 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Firebird

want to swap my 2001 firebird 3.8 with a ls1 or carberated motor. is it possible and around how much am i looking at, already have the ls1

Chase Sutherland
4,455

sell it and buy one with a v8 already in the car. it will be cheaper

LS187SS
5

did it and its cost me over 5,00 + my marriage lol and still not done, u need new motor mounts,a wireing harness its a lot of work.

tmac9496
25

its honestly not hard at all. i have two firebirds, one a 94 and the other a 96. swapped the 3.8 out and put a lt1 in. you really only need the engine, the motor mounts, new transmission, radiator, upgraded fuel pump, the wiring harness for the engine. the brakes do not have have to change the braking, or the front and rear suspension. the driveshaft will work, and the v6 rear end will work. and if you do all the work yourself you will save tons of money. just dont get discouraged if it takes awhile, of if you mess up. cause i sure did. i honestly only spent around 2500-3000 building my car, and i love it..